We are seeking a dedicated and experienced professional who can manage complex and interesting archaeological and cultural heritage management projects in Victoria.
Dr Vincent Clark and Associates is seeking expressions of interest from archaeologist for a permanent full-time position as Archaeologist / Heritage Advisor within our company.
For 25 years we have been providing high quality cultural heritage advice and management, archaeological investigation and historical research for a wide range of clients, including government agencies, corporations and private individuals. We prepare cultural heritage management plans to meet the requirements of project sponsors under the Victorian Aboriginal Heritage Act 2006 and conduct investigations, excavations and reporting to meet the requirement of the Heritage Act 2017.
Our previous and current work includes high profile historic projects and Aboriginal cultural heritage management for major projects in Melbourne’s CBD and throughout Victoria.
We offer you and
- A wide range of interesting and challenging projects in indigenous and historical (non-indigenous) cultural heritage investigations;
- The opportunity to manage a project from commencement to completion, which includes coordination and participation in fieldwork and managing survey and excavation teams;
- The chance to collaborate with our team of dedicated, experienced, enthusiastic and friendly professionals across all aspects of our projects;
- The chance to develop and expand your skills and knowledge, through our own professional development opportunities;
- Encouragement to maintain your own academic and professional networks, and, by agreement, to participate in professional activities outside our company, such as involvement in conferences and academic research projects both within Australia and overseas.
Essential requirements for our position include:
- A minimum of five years’ experience in Australian archaeology, cultural heritage investigation or related fields;
- Formal qualifications at Honours level or above in Archaeology or a directly related field;
- Eligibility to be a listed Heritage Advisor with First Peoples – State Relations (formerly Aboriginal Victoria);
- Expertise and experience with lithic and/or historical artefacts;
- Demonstrated understanding of Victorian heritage legislation;
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, concise and accurate reports in line with legislative requirements for historical and indigenous cultural heritage management, within the format and timelines required;
- Construction Industry White Card and
- Valid Driver’s Licence
Highly desirable qualifications and experience include:
- Specialist experience in one or more of the following fields: Artefact and lithic cataloguing and analysis; mapping and GIS; historical research and reporting; preparation of tenders and quotes for major projects and to government departments or agencies; management of large and/or complex projects
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety requirements in relation to fieldwork
- First Aid certificate to Level 1 minimum
- Rail Industry Workers Card or willingness to obtain
- Excellent communication skills and a high level of motivation, initiative and discipline
- Demonstrated ability to perform and manage complex tasks within a project, and across several projects simultaneously
If you are interested in joining the Dr Vincent Clark & Associates team, please forward your resumé and cover letter addressed to the Office Manager, Dr Vincent Clark and Associates via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to Sunday 5th September 2021